Company: Acasta European Insurance Company Limited
Title: Head of Finance
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Dependent on experience
Closing date: 31st January 2022
The Head of Finance will report to the CEO and help shape the future of the finance team and the insurance company. You will report to the Board, oversee the finance function and be responsible for providing financial and management information alongside enhancing the quality of it. You will play a key role in managing stakeholders, including actuaries, regulators, auditors and investment managers.
• Responsibility for the day to day running of the Finance function
• Review and oversee all reporting financial and capital reporting (GAAP, SII and Capital)
• Oversee implementation of new accounting system
• Ensure all processes are operated in accordance with the internal controls guidelines and maintain strong financial controls
• Ensure robust and high quality systems and processes are developed, maintained and evaluated and continuously improved.
• Manage and develop relationships with external and internal auditors and other external providers
• Responsible for producing the the statutory financial statements for the company
• Ensure that strong financial controls are maintained and are appropriate to the business so that full reliance can be placed on the company’s financial statements and accounts.
• Provide financial insight and information to all areas of the business to ensure decisions are supported by robust financial analysis/information.
• Proactively manage risk. This includes exposure to intermediaries, reinsurers, credit risk and operational risk
• Assist and support the Gibraltar Insurance operations
• Treasury Management. Manage the cash flow to ensure that the business operates within its agreed bank facility and forecast.
• Proactively manage currency risk and investment risk
Qualification, knowledge, experience, and skills:
• Fully qualified accountant with insurance background
• Technically competent in financial reporting
• Strong GAAP/IFRS knowledge
• Understanding of Solvency II and capital requirements
• Management of teams