Company: Acasta European Insurance Company Limited
Title: Insurance Finance Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Salary: Dependent on experience
The role is to support the Head of Finance in fulfilling the finance and accounting functions.
To complete finance function activities including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and technical insurance accounts in line with FRS standards.
- Evaluate the company’s performance through use of insightful analytics and performance ratios (KPIs)
- Maintenance of monthly purchase and sales ledger control accounts
- Assistance with gathering and analyzing financial information for internal MI reporting to various operational committees and board members.
- Assisting with preparation and submission of monthly regulatory reporting solvency returns to GFSC
- Frequent communication and liaison with UK based finance team for accounting inputs, skill-sharing and promoting prompt resolution of financial matters.
- Preform monthly bank, investment, and control account reconciliations
- Assist with management and reporting of investment portfolio.
To assist with the implementation of an accounting and business information systems:
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating accounting procedures
- Support and access effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process.
To assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements:
- Liaising and collating information for external auditors
- Responding to inquires and communicating with external and internal auditors
- Assisting with implementation of audit recommendation
To assist with updating and maintenance of planning and budget:
- Liaison with other business department for budgetary inputs and controls.
- Maintaining monthly rolling budget and variance reporting
Qualification, knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Part or qualified accountant, ACCA, or similar part qualified or AAT qualified with at least two years of experience working with in the insurance sector.
Characteristics/ Critical Experiences:
- Advanced excel skills to assist with high level reporting
- Experience of working with auditors, to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborative mind-set and proven ability to foster and maintain strong relationships and networks across a variety of functions and geographies.
- Good communicator and influencer – abilityto effectively communicate and adjust messages accordingly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of accounting standards and other related requirements, legislation, and regulations.
- Influences colleagues to work together effectively promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Welcome the use of new technology, encourage ideas and methods that will enhance the risk management and compliance functions, along with the business.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.