Company: Acasta European Insurance Company Limited
Title: Insurance Finance Accountant
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Salary: Dependent on experience
The role is to support the Head of Finance in fulfilling the finance and accounting functions.
To complete finance function activities including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and technical insurance accounts in line with FRS standards.
- Evaluate the company’s performance through use of insightful analytics and performance ratios (KPIs)
- Maintenance of monthly purchase and sales ledger control accounts
- Assistance with gathering and analyzing financial information for internal MI reporting to various operational committees and board members.
- Assisting with preparation and submission of monthly regulatory reporting solvency returns to GFSC
- Frequent communication and liaison with UK based finance team for accounting inputs, skill-sharing and promoting prompt resolution of financial matters.
- Preform monthly bank, investment, and control account reconciliations
- Assist with management and reporting of investment portfolio.
To assist with the implementation of an accounting and business information systems:
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating accounting procedures
- Support and access effectiveness of the internal controls over the financial reporting process.
To assist with the preparation of statutory financial statements:
- Liaising and collating information for external auditors
- Responding to inquires and communicating with external and internal auditors
- Assisting with implementation of audit recommendation
To assist with updating and maintenance of planning and budget:
- Liaison with other business department for budgetary inputs and controls.
- Maintaining monthly rolling budget and variance reporting
Qualification, knowledge, experience, and skills:
- Part or qualified accountant, ACCA, or similar part qualified or AAT qualified with at least two years of experience working with in the insurance sector.
Characteristics/ Critical Experiences:
- Advanced excel skills to assist with high level reporting
- Experience of working with auditors, to ensure that all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborative mind-set and proven ability to foster and maintain strong relationships and networks across a variety of functions and geographies.
- Good communicator and influencer – abilityto effectively communicate and adjust messages accordingly to a variety of audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of accounting standards and other related requirements, legislation, and regulations.
- Influences colleagues to work together effectively promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion.
- Welcome the use of new technology, encourage ideas and methods that will enhance the risk management and compliance functions, along with the business.