Company: Acasta European Insurance Company Limited
Title: Risk and Compliance Assistant
Reporting to: Risk and Compliance Director
Salary: Dependent on experience
Key purpose of the role:
The role is to support the Risk and Compliance Director in fulfilling the risk management and compliance functions.
- To complete compliance function activities including, but not limited to:
- Compliance monitoring (policy testing, thematic reviews etc)
- Maintaining a log of all corporate contracts
- Maintaining a corporate calendar and monitoring adherence to deadlines
- Maintenance of compliance logs
- Compliance reporting
- To complete risk management function activities including, but not limited to:
- Maintenance of risk register
- Monitoring of the business against risk appetites and tolerances
- Risk reporting
- To write minutes of corporate governance meetings as required
- To complete office management tasks as required
Characteristics/ Critical Experiences:
- Collaborative mind-set and proven ability to foster and maintain strong relationships and networks across a variety of functions and geographies.
- Good communicator and influencer – ability to effectively communicate and adjust messages accordingly to a variety of audiences.
- Good knowledge and skills in risk management and compliance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and have a propensity for attention to detail and be able to understand and react quickly to the larger picture.
- Must be hands-on and grasp complex tasks quickly with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise to meet strict deadlines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of responsibilities under Solvency II and any other related requirements, legislation and regulations.
- Influences colleagues to work together effectively promoting diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Welcome the use of new technology, encourage ideas and methods that will enhance the risk management and compliance functions, along with the business.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally at least two years of experience working in risk management and/or compliance in the insurance sector.
- Vocational qualifications in risk management and/or compliance an advantage.